Sunday 3 February 2008

C.H.E.A.P.

If you, like many, missed out on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, you really did just that. The best broken game of last year is a real treat despite its many glitches, quirks and issues, its dark landscapes remain morbidly compelling and worth revisiting. Especially should you have a decent enough rig to squeeze the highest settings out of it (I don't). I still enjoy wandering around the melancholy wastelands, hunting radioactive mutant pig things with my sniper rifle. I really should try and get the proper ending as well, as mine was a bit of an anticlimax all told. Deviate from the pre scripted plot too much and you're gifted with a short sharp kick to the pills as reward for all your hard endeavours. Yes, another game to re-complete. Point is, its a good one.

So colour me shocked that today in Virgin (sorry Zavvi - ugh) they're giving away this modern classic for a mere five note. "Sorry what?" FIVE quid! Ridiculous! I didn't know whether to gather all the copies up there and then in a move to become a savvy consumer, but then thought the better of it. Surely this is some mistake? I urge you to run to your nearest Chavvis and fleece them by snapping up this outrageous bargain, before the brain bug spots it's error.

No comments: